Scoutbees enables you to add a new integration with ServiceNow.
Using this integration, you can set the Scout's alert policy to automatically create an incident on your ServiceNow tenant if there is an issue with a Scout. You can also enable automatically marking this incident as resolved when the Scout status is back to operational.
Add an Integration
To add a ServiceNow integration, perform the following steps:
- Navigate to the Integrations page.
- Click INTEGRATIONS.
- Click Add Integration.
- Set the service as ServiceNow.
- Enter a Name. The display name of the integration.
- Enter your ServiceNow Instance Subdomain. The ServiceNow endpoint
(should look like this: https://subdomain.service-now.com).
- Enter a ServiceNow User. This user account must have permissions to create and manage incidents.
- Enter the ServiceNow Password for that user.
- Enter a Short Description Text. This field is used to create the incident subject.
You can use built-in variables (see the variables table in the Alert Policy article).
- Set the Default Urgency. Configure the level of urgency at which the Incidences will be created.
- Set On Resolve. Assign what happens if the issue is resolved.
- To test the integration, click Test, for example:
A new incident is created on ServiceNow
- Click Save and view the added integration.
Link Alert Policy to Integration
To link an Alert Policy to an integration, perform the following steps:
- Navigate to the Home page.
- Click the Name of the appropriate Scout.
- Click Alert Policy.
- Click Add Method.
- Click Link to integration.
- Configure the alert and set the integration. For details, see Alert Policies.