The Citrix Cloud Gateway based Scout's purpose is to check that published resources are successfully opened through the Citrix Cloud Gateway either via the Cloud (with Cloud-based Hives) or via On-Prem/Custom locations (with Custom Hives).
The Citrix Cloud Gateway based Scout will check the health and duration of the following connection phases -
- Connecting to Gateway.
- Logging in.
- Enumerating Published resources.
- Downloading the ICA file of the tested published resource.
- Connecting the published resource's session.
- Validating that the Session is successfully established.
This step actually tests a number of sub-steps, such as:
- Checking if the published resource is available
- Accepting connections
- Measuring the time it took the server on which the session been created to process the session and release the control to the client
Create a Scout for Cloud Gateway
- If the Scout is supposed to run from a custom location, make sure you have at least one Custom Hive created on your account. How to Create a Custom Hive.
- In the Gateway Type section, choose Citrix Cloud Gateway.
- In the Address section, type your actual Gateway's address, the same address used for user connections, for example: (https://domain.cloud.com ).
- In the Domain section, type the relevant domain name.
- In the Username and Password sections, type the credentials that will be used for this Scout.
- Click the Get Resources button, and choose the desired published resource.
- Choose the desired interval on which the Scout will be running.
- Name the Scout.
- Click the Create button.