Hive Creation in the Control Plane
To Create a Hive:
- In the Hives tab, click the Add Hive button.
- In the Add Hive page > Hive Name field, type your Hive Name.
- A unique Hive key will be created to the Hive, the wizard will wait for Custom Hive Service connection after a successful installation and configuration.
- To download the Custom Hive installation, click the Download Installation button.
- Click the Copy button to copy the Hive's key.
Installation & Configuration
- You can use the file you downloaded when creating the Hive, or click the Download Custom Hive button. The Setup Wizard is displayed.
- Click Next to Run the installation.
- At the end of the installation, select the Run Hive Config check-box (if unchecked), and click the Finish button.
- When the configuration wizard is displayed, in the Hive API Key field, paste the Hive Key of the Hive you just added.
- If the current machine access the internet with NTLM based proxy, go to the Proxy tab. Otherwise proceed to step #6.
- Click the Use Proxy checkbox, and enter Proxy server IP address and AD credentials, for authentication.
- In the Enrichment Credentials tab, select the Remote WMI checkbox, and enter credentials for remote WMI query (these credentials will be used to get metrics from the server on which the synthetic session will be running).
Note: These credentials will be used for XenDesktop queries too.
- Click the Save button. The settings are saved and the Scoutbees Hive Service restarts.
- In the Scoutbees control plane (https://dev.scoutbees.io), go back to the Hives tab. Your Hive should be displayed with a Connected (Green) icon.
- Click the Create Scout button.
Create a Custom Hive based Scout
To create a scout from a custom hive:
- In the Home/Test or Hive tab, click the Create Scout button.
- In the Scout Type section, select the Custom Hive you just installed from the dropdown.
- Select the relevant gateway type.
- To test access from internal networks, choose Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops - Storefront.
Enter the desired Storefront’s store web access address and the credentials will be used for this Scout.
- Click the Get Resources button, and then choose the resource to be tested by this Scout.
- Choose a schedule in the ‘Run Every’ section.
- Name the Scout.
- Click on ‘Submit form’ to save the scout.